Sunday, December 14, 2008

Growing Up

I was raised in a middle class family. My mother and father were and still are religious. They found it of high importance to raise their children in church. In fact missing church was considered a deadly sin. At the time I never appreciated my parents religious stand; however, as I look back after 21 years I can honestly say they raised me well.

So at 21-years-old where am I now? I ask myself this question all the time. I would like to say that I have the answer. After all, the answer (we may count it as a solution) will be needed to solve the problem. In the world of Mathematics one must search for the solution until the problem is solved. The Mathematician understands that his/her job is not complete without finding that small piece of information that completes the puzzle. I consider myself a mathematician, standing before a green chalk board, writing out the problem and searching for the solution. The solution contains key information: where am I in life, where am I going, and most importantly where will I end up.

No comments:

Post a Comment